Committee Against Domestic Abuse
To provide safety and support to victims of domestic and sexual violence through
education, advocacy, and shelter.
The Committee Against Domestic Abuse, Inc. (CADA) is a non-profit victim’s advocacy and emergency shelter organization based in Mankato, Minnesota. It has been engaged in its mission to provide shelter, advocacy, and education services for 35 years. The shelter program provides emergency housing to female survivors of domestic and sexual violence and their children. Twenty-four hour advocacy and supportive services are provided in the shelter as well as through community-based victim service programs serving Blue Earth, Nicollet, Brown, Waseca, Watonwan, Faribault, Le Sueur and Sibley counties located in South-Central Minnesota. CADA also houses a supervised parenting time program where children are able to visit their non-custodial parents in a safe, neutral environment.
- Safety through emergency shelter services and short and long-term safety planning with victims/survivors.
- Confidentiality respecting each victim/survivor and organizational confidentiality.
- Empowerment helping victims/survivors in gaining and maintaining control over their own lives.
- Diversity through educational efforts.
- Collaboration working jointly with area service providers in increasing victim safety.
- Accountability to those served, the community, and funding sources.
- Preventing violence through education, advocacy, and support.
- Change individual, societal, and institutional attitudes and behaviors which perpetuate violence.
CADA Board of Directors:
Bob Sutter, Chair
Rasmussen College Criminal Justice Faculty
Megan Ploog, Vice Chair
Fairview Health System, RN Clinical Development Specialist
Penny Vought, Treasurer
Waseca Police Department Chief of Police
Emily Boyd, Secretary
Minnesota State University, Mankato, Sociology Faculty
True Team Remax Dynamic Agents, Realtor
Blue Earth County Supportive Housing, Housing Staff
Chesley Law Firm, Attorney
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Pastor