To provide safety and support to victims of domestic and sexual violence through
education, advocacy, and shelter.
The Committee Against Domestic Abuse, Inc. (CADA, Inc.) is a non-profit domestic and sexual violence victim’s advocacy and shelter organization based in Mankato, Minnesota that has engaged its mission to provide shelter, advocacy, and education services for over 30 years. The shelter program provides emergency housing to survivors of domestic and sexual violence and their children. 24 hour advocacy and supportive services are provided in the shelter as well as through community-based victim service programs serving the counties of Blue Earth, Nicollet, Brown, Waseca, Watonwan, Faribault, Le Sueur and Sibley located in South-Central Minnesota. CADA, Inc. also houses a supervised parenting time program where children are able to visit their non-custodial parents in a safe, neutral environment.
- Safety through emergency shelter services and short and long-term safety planning with victims/survivors.
- Confidentiality respecting each victim/survivor and organizational confidentiality.
- Empowerment helping victims/survivors in gaining and maintaining control over their own lives.
- Diversity through educational efforts.
- Collaboration working jointly with area service providers in increasing victim safety.
- Accountability to those served, the community, and funding sources.
- Preventing violence through education, advocacy, and support.
- Change individual, societal, and institutional attitudes and behaviors which perpetuate violence.
CADA, Inc. Board of Directors:
Al Kluever – Board Chair
South Central College Safety Director
Deanna Henderson – Treasurer
Loan Officer U.S. Bank
Mary Bliesmer – Secretary
Retired MSU Nursing Faculty
New Ulm Police Dept. Commander
MRCI WorkSource Foundation Director